Hello, everyone. It’s my great pleasure to be here sharing my lesson with you. The content of my lesson is senior English book 4 unit 3 a taste of English humor. I’d like to begin this lesson from 8 parts: analysis of teaching material, analysis of ss, teaching methods, teaching goals, key points and difficult points, teaching procedure, blackboard design and teaching reflections.
Part 1: analysis of teaching material
The reading material tells us the story about the master of nonverbal humor, Charlie Chaplin, including his life story, his achievements in film making, and his great performance in Gold Rush.
Part 2: analysis of ss
The fresh men of senior high school have acquired some English learning strategies and abilities, including listening, speaking, reading, and writing. But they have great differences in personality and their learning abilities are in different levels. So the teaching project should take in their differences.
Part 3: teaching Objectives
1. Knowledge aim: Understand the main idea of the text.
2. Ability aim: Train the students’ predicting, skimming and summarizing ability.
3. Emotional aim: Encourage the students to establish optimistic attitude to life and sense of humor.
Part 4: Teaching Methods
1. Task-based English teaching: The students should finish the questions raised, thus, understand the text better.
2. The natural approach: Emphasize on comprehension.
3. Cooperative learning: The students summarize the text by discussion.
Part 5: key points and difficult points
1. Help the students be familiar with the master of nonverbal humor----Charlie Chaplin.
2. Enable the students to have a sketch of the text and pick out key words.
1. Divide the text into several parts and summarize the main idea
2. Retell the text in own words
Part 6: teaching procedure
Step1 Lead-in(3 mins)
1. greet the whole class as usual.
2. begin with a ss sharing his humorous story he has prepared.
Step 2 warming up(8 mins)
I will play a video for the ss, which is a part of the gold rush, and let the ss say anything they know about charlie chaplin and their reflections after watching the video.
Step 2 pre-reading(2 mins )
Let the ss see the title of the reading material and ask them to guess what the text is about.
Step 3 fast reading(5 mins)
Ask the ss to read the text quickly in three mins and finish exercise1 on p19.
Step 4 careful reading(10mins)
The ss will read the text again, and be asked to work in group to summarize the main idea of each paragraph.( exercise 2 on p19)
Step 5 listening and discussion (10mins)
Listen to the tape of the text and then work in group, ask the ss to have a discussion about charlie chaplin. (exercise 3 on p19)
Step 6 exercise and assignments(7 mins)
Ask the ss to summarize the content of the text.
The homework is to ask the ss to collect some English funny stories after class.
Part 7 blackboard design
Part 8 teaching reflections